Today we share the accomplishment of our newest Studer Education team member, Dr. Melissa Matarazzo. Earlier this week, Melissa participated in the hooding ceremony at Harvard University with her family and friends. She earned her doctoral degree in Harvard’s Urban Superintendents Program. We cheer her on from afar. Melissa has been a research fellow with us since February 2013 and completed her dissertation on leader evaluation as part of Evidence-Based Leadership K12.
Equally good news – Melissa will be joining us full-time as a K12 leadership coach. Melissa has two master’s degrees from Harvard University – one in educational leadership and the other in education policy and management. She has a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in History from Brown University. As well as being a teacher, principal and executive team member in school districts she has consulted with various educational systems since 2007 including working with our team and working on the following:
- Boston Public Schools: Wrote Innovation School Proposal for Henderson K-12 Inclusion School. Wrote TIME Collaborative Extended Learning Time Proposal for the Young Achievers K-8 Pilot School. Designed teacher professional development for Summer Institute at Mattahunt Elementary School, a turnaround school.
- KIPP Jacksonville: Coaching leadership development with 5 aspiring school leaders at KIPP Impact (Grades 5-8) and KIPP Voice (Grade K) and facilitating the AdvancEd school accreditation process at both schools.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE): Facilitated small group discussions and personal reflection among school leaders at Programs in Professional Education including “The Art of Leadership” and the “Leadership Institute for Superintendents.”
- Charleston County School District: Served as superintendent’s liaison on land/property issues; facilitated implementation of school quality reviews; member of Senior Leadership Team and Superintendent’s Cabinet.
- Peabody Public Schools: Mentored middle school principal through induction into new role.
- Amesbury Public Schools: Developed and facilitated adoption of new middle school master schedule.
We congratulate and welcome Dr. Matarazzo to our Studer Education team!
Photo Cite: Echelson. Follow Dr. Matarazzo on Twitter at @LrngLdr and follow her weekly blog posts, “Try This Tip,” here.
Special thanks to Dr. Janet Pilcher, Senior Leader of Education at Studer Group for writing this post [up to the sentence, “We are Happy…”].
Our mission at Studer Education is to provide students with a great place to learn, teachers with a great place to teach, and parents with confidence that their children are getting a great education. Visit us online at http://studereducation.com. Studer Education is a division of Studer Group, ranked for the sixth straight year on the Best Small and Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and a recipient of the 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.